Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Outlook 2007 Error - Default Mail Client

This occured on a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Terminal server. The error we were getting when users open outlook was:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

When you click OK, it then lets you into Microsoft Outlook.



First I deleted all sub registry keys that existed under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail



Next I opened office 2007, clicked OK on the error, and ran Office Diagnostics.







Here it complained about 2 versions of outlook:



Sure enough on this terminal server when I went to the start menu, I saw both outlook 2003 and 2007. Some administrator had installed both for some reason!



After simply going into the Programs and Features in control panel, then changing the configuration on Office 2003, I just remove the outlook 2003 feature and left the rest of the office 2003 applications on the server. This resolved the problem.

1 comment:

  1. Today my friend has called me up. He said that he had a bad problem,exacter his new emails were lost. I advised him - how do fix microsoft outlook .ost file. And to my and his great surprise,the utility solved his problem quite rapidly and gratis. Because of I found it in the Google and it liked me.

    ReplyDelete